Latest Forum Posts
Threads: 4548 | Replies: 31953 | Views: 5430231
- Vincenzo Scifo Jersey by 赵5o啦FB [ Views: 1394, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Victor Ibarbo Jersey by 赵5o啦FB [ Views: 1290, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- object imaging in the retina by zaohei [ Views: 1272, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- What to burn on by kypryce [ Views: 1831, Replies: 2, Lastpost: Professor T ]
- What to burn on by kypryce [ Views: 1242, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- What to burn on by kypryce [ Views: 1181, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- The DIY burner question by Eric Methven [ Views: 3172, Replies: 5, Lastpost: Rodnogdog ]
- Another "New Guy" by Rodnogdog [ Views: 1514, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Pyrography Lessons by Jackh [ Views: 1712, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- New Here Qhat Do U Recommend? by davemo [ Views: 1751, Replies: 2, Lastpost: Sam M ]
- Beginner question; how to transfer pattern by castfish [ Views: 1926, Replies: 3, Lastpost: Sam M ]
- walleye fish by carver47 [ Views: 1154, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- (Newbie) Things to know before I begin- by clairethecelt [ Views: 1834, Replies: 2, Lastpost: Mountain ]
- Newb here checking out the forum by Mountain [ Views: 1271, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Anewbie 73yr old woodburner by Bicballpoint [ Views: 1299, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Anewbie 73yr old woodburner by Bicballpoint [ Views: 1265, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Anewbie 73yr old woodburner by Bicballpoint [ Views: 1211, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Anewbie 73yr old woodburner by Bicballpoint [ Views: 1209, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Newbee to burning and the board by aloraptor [ Views: 1594, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- I am trying to find a burning stamp by wardmw [ Views: 1579, Replies: 1, Lastpost: aloraptor ]
- Marc Márquez by jj-burning [ Views: 1392, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- New Guy, New Burner by Bow [ Views: 1365, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Newbie Needs Your HELP ! ! ! by SCHOONER [ Views: 2236, Replies: 5, Lastpost: SCHOONER ]
- White Wolf by j.r.nutting [ Views: 1815, Replies: 4, Lastpost: j.r.nutting ]
- What size is needed for albums by I Love Burning [ Views: 1261, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Basic beginner tips by Oddburner [ Views: 1407, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Basic beginner tips by Oddburner [ Views: 1264, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Billig Nike Shox NFL player quits over concussion fears by pfteysls [ Views: 2311, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Newbie Needs Your HELP ! ! ! by SCHOONER [ Views: 1189, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Newbie Needs Your HELP ! ! ! by SCHOONER [ Views: 1220, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Patriarch by j.r.nutting [ Views: 1971, Replies: 6, Lastpost: j.r.nutting ]
- New to the Hobby by Signaller [ Views: 1592, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- New to the Hobby by Signaller [ Views: 1232, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Brand New 2 Pyrography by SCHOONER [ Views: 1226, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Brand New 2 Pyrography by SCHOONER [ Views: 1143, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Getting back into burning by burninghot [ Views: 2218, Replies: 5, Lastpost: Maryl ]
- Latest work by Rickt [ Views: 1796, Replies: 2, Lastpost: Denster72 ]
- New to the forum and fairly new to the Hobby by Edward Henry [ Views: 1959, Replies: 1, Lastpost: leon75 ]
- album covers by Gary G [ Views: 1305, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
- Where are my uploads? by Gary G [ Views: 1340, Replies: 0, Lastpost: - ]
How The Woodburner came into being
Hello and Welcome to All!
As I've said these 10 years have been quite interesting and wonderful, and now we are into the second 10.
10 years ago I was going to the university for my Business Information Systems degree. During some of the coursework, we had to investigate various aspects of the Internet as it applied to what we were doing. I think it was January 1999 that I was trying to determine what would be a fun project, what type of website I could setup; I just wanted to see if I could do it - build a website - never did it before, I thought about a lot of my interests, and did a lot of online research on those interests, to determine what would be useful.
[ Read the rest ...
onThursday 16 July 2009 - 07:58:18 comment: 3
The Server Move is Complete!!
If we can read this, then the move to a new server has been completed including the domain name routing. All the files and database moves were completed Saturday, 9 May 2009 at about 12:15 PM (around noon). At that time I also changed the domain pointer to the new server. Hopefully it is a smooth change!
If you notice something that doesn't work, please let me know.
The admin area is working fine using the IP address.Â So I'm hoping the main site pages will also work with minimal changes needed.
onSaturday 09 May 2009 - 12:41:51 comment: 3
Album Links Page!
I've created a page that displays all the Member Albums, similar to how it was displayed in the past.
The Album page is accessed using the 'Album' link in the Main Menu.Â When you first go to that page, it'll display all of the Member Albums in Alphabetical order.Â The albums that have recent image uploads will have the 'New' symbol next to the name.
There is also a link so that you can change the page to list the albums with 'New' uploads first.
Each album name is a link that will take you to that album.
NOTE:Â If a Member has their album hidden, it will not show up in this list!
Hopefully this additional page will further make the Gallery easier for you to locate individual albums.
onTuesday 17 February 2009 - 11:53:22 comment: 0
Things are shaping up!
Well, it's almost ready!Â The Gallery and Albums are 90% complete, maybe more.Â For the people who post pics regularly, there are a few pics uploaded recently that aren't in there yet.Â I can never be caught up completely - there's always someone uploading something.Â But, it'll be as close as it can get (unless I shut down the galleries while I move the last files).
If anyone sees an album that needs to be loaded, please let me know.Â From what I can tell, all the albums of currently active members are loaded.Â I'm doing the remainder as you are reading this.Â
Anyway, everything here is working, and the galleries are mostly loaded.Â There are a few things to fix up, but basically it's ready.Â I'll be changing over soon (maybe).
Have a good day!
onSaturday 15 November 2008 - 19:13:48 comment: 0
The move was a success!!
Yes, it's true.Â We have moved to a new server, and it appears that everything is working.Â I think this is the easiest move I've ever done.Â Much faster than I would have thought.
Everything is working, after a few slight modifications.
I'm never sure, however, if all of the files/folders are absolutely correct.Â As some may know, Linux requires permissions for each file/folder.Â When they are loaded, there is a certain default that is used.Â With those defaults, some functions such as uploading may not work (will not work!)
So, if you have problems uploading something, please let me know.
This may be a picture in the forum, a gallery picture, a pic for the recipes, or an avatar (and I'm sure I missed something).Â But, if you have troubles doing something, let me know!Â I can't fix it if I don't know about it!
Thank you all for your patience!
Have a wonderful day!
onSaturday 09 May 2009 - 16:12:44 comment: 1
The Woodburner will be moving to a new host this weekend!
Hopefully, this will have minimal impact of everyone.Â This move to a new server should be almost seamless, meaning minimal downtime.
I have selected a new hosting company and now have the server space to move the website.Â If everything goes according to plan, next Saturday morning, 09 May 2009
,Â I'll make the final backup of the gallery files and the database.Â At that time I will load them onto the new server.
I've selected Saturday since, on average, Saturday is the least busy day of the week.Â I guess most people are out having a good time with family and friends.
Since it is the least busy, moving on that day should interrupt the fewest number of people.
[ Read the rest ...
onMonday 04 May 2009 - 21:53:19 comment: 4
Well, we made it!!
It's been about 24 hours since I started the move to this software, and so far things are still working.
I've finished up the gallery categories today.Â I think it's all looking pretty good.
There is one thing that I just finished - I have just set the permissions in Member Albums so that our Members may view and add comments to the uploaded photos.Â If you prefer not to allow comments, you can change the permissions in your own album by removing those permissions from the list.Â If you have problems doing that, let me know.
Don't forget to view the 'Gallery Instructions' for information on how to get started.
There are things that I'm still working on - one is the 4 recent uploads that will display above the news items, as we had on the other software.Â It'll take me a while to do it, but we have the single recent photo in the right column.Â So there's something there until I get the other finished.
As things change, or are added, I'll annouce them here, in the news area.Â Or I may post them in the forum; haven't decided yet.Â I think if it's something that would be useful in the future, I'll put it in the forums so that it can be searched later on.Â If the 'lifetime' of the information is limited, it'll go into the news.
Don't forget, as before, you can post items to be placed in the news, such as the various events and other things that would be useful.
Look around, test things out, and above all, have fun!!!
Have a good day!
onSunday 23 November 2008 - 17:48:24 comment: 4
Website Moving Now!!
I am currently moving this software to Woodburner.com!!!
I have performed the first conversion on all of the Album data.Â I am now converting all of the Gallery data.Â Once this is complete, I can move the actual software.
DO NOT UPLOAD ANY NEW PICTURES TO WOODBURNER.COM, AS THEY WILL BE LOST!!
I expect this move to be completed tomorrow, 2 November 2008.
Send me an email if you have any questions.Â Have a good day!
onSaturday 01 November 2008 - 11:26:36 comment: 0