Forums

The Woodburner :: Forums :: Pyrography in General
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

What to burn on

Author Post
kypryce
Tue Jul 21 2015, 02:16PM
Registered Member #15942
I'm new to wood burning and I am not sure what I can burn on. I would like to burn on old birch bark that I collected while hiking as well as old ash that was salvaged when a dead tree fell on our property. My question is can I safely burn on these types of "found" woods. Can I collect various branches and barks and burn on them? I have no idea what I'm doing but this is the direction I want to go. Any advice is helpful thanks you!
Professor T
Tue Jul 21 2015, 11:16PM
Registered Member #4602
I have burned on birch plywood many times but I have never tried bark. I use manufactured items because they are less prep and they usually have a more uniform grain pattern. I have never tried ash so I don't know how it burns; whether it is hard or soft when it comes to burning.

Prof T
Professor T
Tue Jul 21 2015, 11:21PM
Registered Member #4602
I have burned on birch plywood many times but I have never tried bark. I use manufactured items because they are less prep and they usually have a more uniform grain pattern. I have never tried ash so I don't know how it burns; whether it is hard or soft when it comes to burning.

Prof T
Moderators: Administrator, Ralph

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF