Forums

The Woodburner :: Forums :: Pyrography in General
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Newb here checking out the forum

Author Post
Mountain
Fri Jun 05 2015, 03:00PM
Registered Member #15904
I have not done this since I was about 12 years old, my children are now teenagers and getting into woodworking. My two oldest sons have been building things in woodshop at school like gun racks, birdhouses and what not. It is kind of cool for them because I have a fully equipped wood shop here at he ranch and a sawmill so they have an unlimited supply of anything they want to work with.

The eldest sons birthday party is coming up tomorrow and so I have been downloading hundreds of plans for wood projects and I ran across some really cool wood burned art in the process and I got to thinking they might be interested in that as well. Yesterday I went out and found a short rock elm log in the log deck and set it on the mill at an angle and cut half a dozen oval boards out of it and then planed them down. I then did a quick mod of a drawing a saw on the internet and transferred it to the wood by rubbing pencil on the back of the drawing. It took a couple hours to get it done and I used some paint in the process as well as wood burning, but I thought it turned out kind of cool, the kids are all quite impressed anyways.

I thought I might look up a forum or two on this and get some ideas that I can pass on to them over summer break............

I look forward to meeting you all in the posts....
Moderators: Administrator, Ralph

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF