The Woodburner :: Forums :: Pyrography in General
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

I am trying to find a burning stamp

Author Post
wardmw
Wed Apr 15 2015, 07:56AM
Registered Member #15851
Hi all,

Although I am not a pyrographer in any way I have been looking for something quite specific in this field for the last year or so but can find nothing that will do what I need. I have tried searching your forums but have not found anything either (or have found too much that does not cover what I need, I expect I am using the wrong keywords). I hope you will be able to advise me.

I am a member of a group that uses wooden gavels, these are small things, about 3 inches tall and two inches across the circular base. We present these gavels to new members and recently I purchased a load from a local wood turner. I would like to burn some numbers in to the base of these gavels as an identifier, just four numbers is all I am after and the need to fit on the 2" base (so I guess the complete number would be 1/2" to 1" in size).

Could you please tell me if this is possible and how I might go about doing this? Bear in mind that this is pretty much all I want to do so something static would (fixed numbers, never changing) seem to me to be the best but what do I know?

Your thoughts, suggestions and recommendations on this would be greatly appreciated.

|\/|artin
aloraptor
Sat May 02 2015, 10:57PM
Registered Member #15868
If you have hobby lobby or Michaels craft store close they have hot stamps for letters and numbers that fit woodburners.That could possibly solve your problem. Good luck.
Moderators: Administrator, Ralph

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF