The Woodburner :: Forums :: Pyrography in General
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

New Guy, New Burner

Author Post
Bow
Sun Apr 12 2015, 02:47PM
Registered Member #15833
Hello all,

I have always been intrigued by the art of Woodburning, but have never attempted it, until recently.

I am a guitar player, tinkerer, and and always building electronic thing for Guitar, Radio, or my car. I recently cooked up a Reverb Tank (for that '60 Surf Guitar sound) and added a Fuzz circuit in front of it (think Inna-Gadda-Da-Vidda) for what is considered a "modern Spaghetti Western" Sound

I decided my Cabinet I was building to house this pile of ugly should be decorated appropriately and wanted try wood burning, and looked to "The Man With No Name" for inspiration.

So as not to bake my newly built 1x8 pine cabinet in such a way that would scar me for life, I decided to grab a piece of 1x8 Pine Scrap to give this woodburning idea a go on...

With a 25W Weller Woodburning iron kit from Lowe's, a pencil, and few morals... I started with an outline, and filled in the blanks...

/1428863681_15833_FT0_img_20150409_212131_585-1.jpg][/link]

My Question is, what is the best way to finish it.. I was going to try Teak Oil, but was looking for suggestion...

Now it is time to start on the real cabinet.

Comments Welcome
Moderators: Administrator, Ralph

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF