Forums

The Woodburner :: Forums :: What's New?
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

New to the forum and fairly new to the Hobby

Author Post
Edward Henry
Fri Jan 09 2015, 02:15AM
Registered Member #15733
Hi Folks, I am Edward I am a 50 year old 100% disabled Veteran. I have dabbled in wood burning many many years ago using a Walnut Hollow Creative Versa-Tool I now wish to get back into the hobby as a means of relaxing to relive my PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) issues. I can not draw a straight line with two rulers and I am not a artist but I can trace a pattern I wish to try a REAL wood burning kit instead of the cheaper Walnut Hollow and was wondering which would be good to learn on But also grow with so I do not have to buy another one as I improve. The first one I saw as a bundle (Want to get all I can at one time). was on Sue Walters website and I am considering her SS-D10 Deluxe 2 Package at $348.95 as best bang for the buck. I would like to find something similar within the United States to Order but will do what I must. Do you all have other suggestions, tips, warnings?

Here are 3 images of my very first 3 attempts at this hobby they are old and stained but hope it helps you decide if I should bother trying.

leon75
Fri Jan 09 2015, 08:42AM
Registered Member #4362
By all means--you should get back into wood burning. These are very nice, you should be proud of your work. Looking forward to seeing your next project with new burner.
Leon
Moderators: Administrator, Ralph

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF